Monday, January 7, 2013

Week 2 194.8

Today I was faced with a bit of a challenge at school. We had a baby shower in the library. The cake and nuts were set up early, and all I could smell was cake. Well, in a true self-centered panic, I texted my friend, basically, whoa is me, cake smell all around, boo hoo hoo. And while text messages do not have a tone, she texted back cake and nuts won't kill you, in a tone that sounded to me like, get over it! That immediately diffused the situation for me.

Back to the AA analogy, we use an old cliche, "don't take yourself too seriously". I had that bit of an ah ha moment, Jen, it's not about you, you idiot. So, I helped serve the cake, had a bit of a taste, helped do,the gift thing and tried to keep all attention on Kristy, not me. I didn't over do it and I didn't feel deprived. Then, I went out and walked for 30 minutes.

So, I'm feeling pretty smug about these successes, and when I get home, my husband has planned a supper of nachos for the big game. Well, needless to say, I ate them, I enjoyed them and I counted them. I don't feel guilty, only human. I still count this day as a success, even though I ate more than I planned.

Goals this week:
* stay in points range for week
* walk 3 times for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment