Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Week 1 197.8

I have struggled with my weight always. The only times I was truly thin was when I was sick with addiction.
 I have successfully given up any substance addictions besides food.
I was not able to control my drinking until I hit rock bottom and surrendered to God for help.
With this Blog, I am admitting that I have hit rock bottom with my weight and am willing to surrender to God's help and do the foot work neccesary to live a healthy life.

Why?

I have a very successful lfe. I have a beautiful, bright child. I have a responsible and moral husband. I live in a desireable neighborhood in a nice house. I have a solid career where I am paid well, and I love what I do. For the first time, I have a group of friends that I can be myself around, who I truly love and respect, and feel that they also love and respet me. I don't want to waste any of my good fortune on poor health, depression about they way I look and early death.

 Doesn't that sound easy? Who wouldn't want to live healthy with suh a life? What's the hold-up?
I don't know, but it's time to solve it.

My Plan

I have tried enough diets, read enough articles, watched enough Dr. Oz to know what I have to do. Diet and exercise. There are no magic cures, just like there was no magic cure in AA. It is simply a living process that will, in time, become habit.

I will:
Follow Weight Watchers plan. Its truly the best plan out there, and allows for a variety of food in all groups. I allows for some slip-ups, is well established and has lots of support. I have had success with Weight Watchers, but "quit before the miracle happened." I also plan to use the over-the counter- weight loss drug Alli for some extra help in sticking to the Weight Watchers plan. This was suggested my my physician. I will post progress in as most honest a way as possible on this blog. I will use the method of writing to discuss what is bothering me and swirling around in my head that I have used as excuses for over-eating in the past.

I WILL EXERCISE! at least 3 days a week. I am starting small here so I will have a better chance of success. I will walk and use my yoga video.

No comments:

Post a Comment